- What is a Beard Transplant?
- Who is an ideal candidate for this procedure?
- What are the benefits of considering a beard transplant?
- What are the two types of beard transplant methods?
- Things you need to know beforehand.
- What to expect after the surgery?
- What are the precautions?
- What are the potential side effects?
- What does recovery look like?
- Summing up
- Are you looking for beard transplant surgery in Vadodara?
Beard, being a sign of virility, is the most attractive feature of a man’s personality. But when it comes to hair growth, it is not the same case for everybody. Many end up getting a patchy or less hairy beard. Nevertheless, beard transplant surgeries have made hair restoration easier than ever before. Also, people with burns, or accident scars, can take a beard transplant to cover up the marks. A Beard transplant is like a stroke of luck for men who want to get rid of patchy beards and have a more elegant facial appearance.
Consult a certified doctor (Board Certified Plastic Surgeon), he will assist you throughout. Depending on your requirements, he will examine and evaluate which method you must opt for and whether you’re an ideal candidate.
What is a Beard Transplant?
A healthy, even-looking beard is a boon for many. But unfortunately, not everybody is likely to have the beard they desire. For those looking for a facial hair revamp, it is viable to explore some simple procedures to achieve the same. If the hair is unevenly distributed in the jawline and looks patchy, a beard transplant is a perfect solution. Due to the advent of technology, it is possible to achieve and restore healthy hair every day.
In simpler words, in beard transplant, hair is taken from one part of the body (usually the scalp) and transplanted into the areas like the jawline, neck, or cheek, as desired by the potential patient. A beard transplant is highly-effective in reforming a new beard or enhancing an existing beard.
Who is an ideal candidate for this procedure?
A beard transplant is a surgery that many people wish to take but could not have. The destined patients must fulfill the criteria to undergo a beard transplant. The hair is transplanted from the donor region to the recipient areas. Therefore, it is vital to have enough healthy hair follicles in the donor area. Before performing a beard transplant, several medical tests are done to ensure he is the right candidate. Most importantly, one must have realistic expectations. The results will not be visible right after the procedure.
What are the benefits of considering a beard transplant?
- Gives a fuller and natural look.
- A beard enhances your appearance and elevates your personality.
- Beard transplant techniques are booming, making it beneficial to invest.
- Beard transplants are less painful.
- For patients with accident scars or burns, a beard transplant is truly a blessing.
What are the two types of beard transplant methods?
The two most preferred methods for beard transplant are:
- Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE is the most common beard transplant surgery. Let’s look at the procedure. During an FUE, a surgeon removes small individual clusters of hair follicles, one at a time, from the donor region. The harvested hair grafts are then transplanted by making small incisions on the recipient area. This method is less painful than FUT. Although FUE also causes small circular scars due to the incisions made, these scars are usually hidden underneath the hairs and are barely visible. FUE is the best fit for people who are looking for short hair. This transplant has a faster recovery rate, has lesser or no scars, and rare chances of any side effects. Thus, making it the most popular beard transplant approach.
- Follicular Unit Transplantation: FUT is the second most popular hair technique after FUE. It involves strip harvesting and dissection, making it a more complex yet fairly simple procedure. In Follicular Unit Transplantation, a small strip of tissue is removed from the scalp or the donor region, and then the wound is stitched, leaving a small scar. The removed strip is dissected into smaller sections of follicular unit grafts. Small incisions are made on the face for transplanting hair. The sections of tissues with one to four hair follicles are grafted on the recipient areas. The strip incision is usually a few inches long, the patient needs to have long hair to hide the scar. The scars will fade away or become less visible in the long run, but they won’t disappear completely. Although FUT takes a longer surgery and recovery time, it results in a fuller beard, as more hairs are transplanted into the facial area.
Things you need to know beforehand.
- It is highly recommended to avoid any medications, along with consuming multivitamins, at least 24 hours prior to the surgery.
- One must avoid any kinds of anti-inflammatories three days ahead of the surgery.
- Also, patients must not consume alcohol before three days of the surgery. Smoking must be stopped at least before a week.
- Patients should avoid sun exposure as much as possible before surgery.
- It is better if someone stays with you before and after the surgery. For patients on sedation, you must not take the risk of driving alone.
- Vitamin C helps to repair and heal wounds faster.
What to expect after the surgery?
Small crusts around the transplanted areas become more visible after the surgery. Patients can generally resume their routine activities, however, it is recommended to avoid any strenuous activity. After 2-4 weeks, transplanted hairs begin falling. New hair starts growing after 3-4 months. One can expect full beard growth in one year.
What are the precautions?
After surgery, the harvested area on your head and the implanted area on your face will need special attention. Both these regions should be kept clean.
- One must take timely medications as prescribed by the doctor.
- Cold compresses will help reduce bleeding, swelling, pain, or any other symptoms post-surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities that cause sweating.
- The patient must avoid touching the face while exercising.
- Your surgeon might recommend you elevate your head while sleeping to avoid any chances of swelling.
- The patient is restricted to shave a beard after 10 days of the surgery.
- Patients must avoid direct sun exposure, swimming, smoking, and consuming blood thinners for at least a week after the surgery.
What are the potential side effects?
Your scalp or implanted areas might experience the following side effects.
- temporary crusts or scabs
- numbness due to anesthesia
Scarring in the donor areas is common, but it will eventually get covered with hair growth. Apart from scarring, if you find any of the above symptoms continuing after a couple of weeks, you should consult your surgeon. The implanted areas on your face will not cause any scarring.
What does recovery look like?
You will need a day to recover from the surgery. Tiny crusts formed will fade away within some days. Within a week, the transplanted area will start looking more natural. The donor area also starts healing fast, providing you with the appearance you had before the surgery. After six months, you are likely to see the results, and after 12 to 18 months, facial hair looks sharper and more authentic.
Beard Transplantation is one of the best ways to fill the gaps in your beard, enhance your existing beard, or even grow a new one. Though it is an expensive procedure, the results are ever-lasting. Whatever your thoughts are, you might first consult an experienced Plastic surgeon and then make the decision on surgery. If you do not want to opt for beard transplants, you can consume supplements that boost beard growth or other tropical products but these are no where comparable to a Beard transplant in results. Before taking any supplements, it is advisable to consider your medical health first and these too should be prescribed by your Plastic Surgeon.
Are you looking for beard transplant surgery in Vadodara?
Luxor Hospital understands that a beard is an important part of your personality. We strive to provide you with the best beard transplant and help you make a fabulous impression. Every person is different – with diverse needs and aspirations. We at Luxor hospital believe in respecting your needs by offering hassle-free hair transplant/beard transplant surgery. Get in touch with us now at +91 89805 88811 or 7990710731.