Breast Lift Surgery
Breasts contribute a major part to one’s anatomy as well as its beauty. Having small breasts or sagging ones can daunt you at times to the point where you start losing self-confidence and strive in comparing yourself with others. The pain caused by large breasts is constant and can be agonizing. Your back, shoulder, and neck muscles are always working at full tension to support them and never get a chance to relax. Yes, bust lifter shapewear or push-ups can be one solution but they won’t sustain in the long run. You need a permanent solution giving your breasts a boost and youthful contour: Breast Lift Surgery.
Breast Lift Surgery
A breast lift, also known as Mastopexy, raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to form a more youthful contour of the breast. The procedure may also be combined with other plastic surgery procedures, such as liposuction, breast augmentation, or a breast reduction.
The appropriate procedure for you will be determined on the basis of:
- Breast shape and size
- The size and position of your areolas
- The degree of breast sagging
- Skin quality and elasticity
- The amount of supple skin
What Are The Steps Of Breast Lift Surgery?
Medications are administered during the surgical procedure to aid your comfort. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Your surgeon would recommend you the option after examining your medical history and current condition.
Making Of Incisions
There are 3 types of incisions
- Around the areola.
- Round the areola and vertically down from the areola to the breast crease.
- Round the areola, vertically down from the breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease (inverted T).
After your surgeon makes the incisions successfully:
- The underlying breast tissue is lifted and reshaped to enhance breast contour and firmness.
- The nipple and areola are repositioned to a natural, more youthful height.
- If required, enlarged areolas are reduced by excising skin at the perimeter.
- Surplus breast skin is removed to compensate for a loss of elasticity.
Closing Of Incisions
After the reshaping of the breasts and removing excess fat, the remaining fat is compressed as the incisions are closed.
Within the natural contours of the breast certain incision lines resulting in the breast crease are concealed; however, some are evident on the surface of the breast. Incision lines are permanent but in most situations, they can fade and strengthen significantly over time.
Many women want the tiniest scar possible. Your plastic surgeon may prescribe the incisions that better match your anatomy.
Sutures are inserted deep inside the tissue of the breast to build and protect newly developed breasts. The skin may be covered with sutures, skin adhesives, or surgical tape.
After The Breast Lift Surgery
The first or second day after your breast lift, the surgeon will remove the bandages and any drains at the follow-up appointment. He/she will also check the color and blood supply of the nipple.
Expect to be little uncomfortable for a couple of days after the operation. Your doctor would probably suggest wearing a special bra/pressure garment to provide you the support needed during your recovery. You may need to take pain medications as well in the first week.
If you have breast implants, be careful not to have any impact.
Your surgeon will remove all your stitches( if any) in 2 weeks’ time. As such nowadays all are absorbable sutures and don’t need removal. Your breast size and shape will keep improving as time passes.
There might be slight symmetry differences between the two breasts. If so, the plastic surgeon will perform a minor touch-up operation that will help reposition the nipple as needed. It is very important to limit your activity as directed by your surgeon during your recovery and to report any side effects or problems you have immediately.
Advantages Of A Breast Lift
Breast uplift surgery can bless you with many cosmetic advantages. Apart from this, it provides many intangible benefits like boosting your confidence, vigor, and an urge to wear outfits you never wore.
- Rounder and fuller breasts
Firmer breasts by removing excessive breast tissues
- Symmetrical breasts as your surgeon would adjust them and remove asymmetrical parameters.
Repositioning of nipples taking away a saggy look from your breasts.
- It enhances the curves and contours of your entire body.
- It allows you to move about and do any activities from extreme sports and adventures without thinking of any type of restriction that can be caused by having bigger breasts.
- It gives you the freedom to choose whatever style of clothes you want to wear.
- It boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
- It gives out a happier and more positive disposition in life.
Disadvantages Of A Breast Lift
Some problems in breastfeeding if excessive breast tissue needs to be removed.
Apart from this, there are no severe side effects or major disadvantages of breast lift surgery if you choose to do your surgery with a well-trained and Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon as we have at Luxor Hospital.
bookmarked!!, I really like your website!