BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY: KNOW ABOUT IT ALL !
ur bodies are shaped differently. The structure of distinctive organs can be developed and modified according to how one desires. It can be done either through exercise and diet alone or through surgery followed by diet and exercise. Most often, people go through complications caused due to problems in the body. Large breasts cause difficulties like chronic neck, back or shoulder pain, rashes or skin irritation under the breasts, restricted activities, and other physical symptoms. The discomfort that comes along with the excessive fat on breasts, restricts the validation that is attained by manageable and smaller breasts. Along with the physical restraints, large breasts also bring emotional discomfort which is led by self- consciousness, and self image issues. It also brings along unnecessary and unwanted attention. Women generally get breast reduction surgery which gives them the benefit of achieving more confidence along with proportionate breast shape and body posture, thus embracing and glorifying that aspect of women figure.
Breast reduction surgery is a Cosmetic procedure where the size, shape and structure of the breasts is reduced by removing fat and glandular tissue, resulting in tightening of the skin with the new contour. This surgery tackles these body issues and helps to balance that stability.
Meticulous markings are done on the breast pre surgery depending upon the surgical technique the surgeon has chosen. After giving anesthesia, these are rechecked on table and incisions are made on the breasts. These incisions are usually done in three ways as chosen by the surgeon depending upon the case and its requirements:
- Circular pattern encircling the areola (pigmented skin around the nipple).
- Keyhole or Racquet-shaped pattern around the areola vertically following down to the breast crease.
- Inverted T or anchor shaped pattern.
Then, there is the removal of extra skin and underlying tissues to reduce the size of the breast followed by repositioning, lifting and shaping of the nipple. In the final step, incisions are merged to reshape the reduced breasts. Sutures, skin adhesive, or surgical tape are then used to close the wound on the skin. The breast reduction surgery is a very diligent process as it beholds a very delicate organ in the body, thus the after-care is equally important for sustainable results. The scars that are caused by these incisions are visible after the surgery, but it usually starts to fade away with time.
The results of the surgery are very quick and noticeable. As the wound is fresh and heals over time, elastic bandages and a supportive bra can be worn to reduce the swelling and have a better recovery. In many cases, the surgeon attaches a temporary thin tube to drain the excessive and unwanted body fluids. The surgeon typically recommends 1 week of rest for the initial healing process. There would be prescribed medications or aids to be applied to prevent infection, you’ll have to regularly take care of it and have follow-ups with the surgeon. Heavy Physical activities are to be avoided for at least 4 to 6 weeks.
- It helps one obtain satisfaction on a personal level.
- You will have weight loss due to fat removal.
- It will ease the complications and relieve pain in neck, back and shoulders.
- The fat reduction will Increase your ability to participate in physical activities.
- You will permanently get your desired shape and size of the breast.
- Although the scar fades away woth time, one line will be seen.
- In some cases (rarely), the nipple sensitivity decreases.
- Women planning to have babies, may have some nipple numbness and decreased milk production as this does remove some breast glandular parenchyma too.