Do you have unwanted pockets of extra body fat tissues that just won’t go away? Though you eat consciously, exercise it out, burn calories but those bulges remain persistent. Liposuction surgery can succour your problem.
Liposuction also known as Lipoplasty or Body contouring technique, is a cosmetic procedure that removes fat that you can’t seem to get rid of through diet and exercise. In 1975, Italian researchers Georgio and Arpad Fischer first came up with the idea of removing fat through hollow tubes attached to a suction device. Liposuction is basically removal of fat cells in a region by mechanical trauma and suction to restore aesthetic contour with avoidance of superficial irregularity and asymmetry.
A Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon usually does the procedure on your belly, thighs, buttocks, back, arms, or face to improve their shape. But liposuction can also be done with other Plastic Surgeries, including facelifts, breast reductions, and tummy tuck. Balance, proportion and contour are fundamental elements of an attractive human form. Using liposuction, a cosmetic surgeon can sculpt a better shape of almost any area of the body. It’s important to note that Liposuction is not a weight reduction therapy, not a treatment for obesity, although that is achieved as a by product for sure. The procedure might vary for different body postures but the general process remains the same.
Before the operation, patients will need to undergo some health tests to ensure they are fit for surgery. The following recommendations may be made:
- People who use regular aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs should stop taking them at least 2 weeks before surgery.
- Women may be asked to stop taking the contraceptive pill.
- Patients with anemia may be asked to take iron supplements.
- The individual will need to sign a consent form. This confirms that they are fully aware of the risks, benefits, and possible alternatives to the procedure.
- Liposuction covers essential areas of one’s body parts they’re most insecure of: thighs, stomach, shoulders, cheeks, jawline, breasts, calves,chin,auxiliary underarms fat, back breast rolls, back.
- Body Contouring.
- The body parts get into required shape easily.
- It may help in or completely remove benign fatty tumors known as Lipomas.
- It helps in preventing excessive sweating in the armpit areas as well as chafing in other areas such as thighs.
- It helps in treating Lipodystrophy syndrome- fat metabolism disturbance where there is excessive fat nowhere but some areas of the body.
- Cost friendly
- It is not much painful.
- The effects of Liposuction can be very long lasting, so long that the patient’s weight does not increase rapidly any time after the procedure.
- It helps in curing Gynecomastia where men develop excessive amount of fatty breast tissue by removing it.
- Chronic diseases like diabetes, thyroid gets reduced.
- Removing excess fat prevents the chances of one getting Cardiac arrest and Knee replacement.
- Your confidence is directly linked with your body type. So Liposuction by contouring it can help you boost up your self confidence.
- Liposuction can get you very natural looking six pack abs by High Definition Liposuction which is done regularly at Luxor Hospital.
- The swelling lasts for 2-3 days.
- Surface contour irregularities( furrows, wrinkles and dips) might be visible or palpable for sometime till it settle downs.
- It can cause discoloration and asymmetry in the treated areas initially and gradually becomes normal.
- Aged people’s loosened skin find it more difficult getting adjusted to Liposuction as the recoil of our skin depends on elasticity which reduces with age.
- Contour irregularities: The skin may appear withered, wavy or bumpy if there is poor skin elasticity or if the fat removal has been uneven.
- Skin infection may occur rarely post Liposuction surgery. Sometimes this needs to be treated surgically with the risk of scarring.
- Pulmonary embolism might take place where fat gets into the blood vessels and travels to lungs.
- Allergic reaction might show up if patient is allergic to some medications or materials used during surgery.
- The cannula movement may cause skin burns to the skin or nerves because of friction.
All the above problems occur extremely rarely if you choose to do your procedure with a well trained and Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon like we have at Luxor Hospital.
Not only Liposuction can enhance your appearance, but it can also improve various aspects of your life such as overall wellbeing, chafing, sweating, resolve lipodystrophy syndrome, and more. However, as always, you must consult only a Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon to make sure Liposuction is the right procedure for you.