- What is breast augmentation?
- What breast augmentation does?
- What does breast augmentation surgery not do?
- What are the different procedures for breast augmentation?
- Fat Transfer
- Who should consider fat transfer?
- Breast Implants
- How does a round implant help?
- How does a teardrop implant help?
- What are the different types of breast implants?
- How do different breast implant techniques work?
- What makes you a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery?
- Final thoughts
- Best breast augmentation surgery hospital in Vadodara, India
Brace yourself and make a splash with firmer, fuller, and rounded breasts. Are you looking for surgery, either for cosmetic reasons or reconstructive purposes? Breast augmentation surgery is among the popular surgeries that provide enlarged, bigger breasts and surely get one freed from unappealing breasts. In this article, we will be discussing breast augmentation surgery, what it does, different types of breast implants, and whether or not you are a good candidate.
What is breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation, more colloquially known as a boob job, is a surgical approach destined to augment or rejuvenate breasts through breast implants. With physical, psychological, and cosmetic boons to be savored: breast augmentation can end up being a metamorphic surgery. The majority of women reckon breasts as a sign of beauty, youth, or femininity, thus making breast augmentation an ideal solution offering a more confident appearance.
If you’re anxious about your small cup size or saggy breasts, breast augmentation surgery helps you enhance the volume and symmetry of your breasts. Boost your confidence and achieve impressive results with breast augmentation surgery.
Now that you know what breast augmentation is, let us know what it does and what it does not. There are different types of breast implants depending upon the patient’s end goals. But, before understanding its types, it is vital for you to have realistic expectations for the surgery and be patient about the results.
What breast augmentation does?
Breast implants can be utilized for breast reconstruction after mastectomy or any injury. Breast augmentation aids in:
- Enhancing breast roundness and projection
- Contouring and maintaining a balance between hip and breasts
- Boosting one’s inner confidence and making one appear more attractive
What does breast augmentation surgery not do?
Breast augmentation cannot help to redress badly drooping breasts. A combination of breast lift and breast augmentation is required for severely sagging breasts. Breast lifting can usually be performed along with augmentation, or you might need a separate breast lift surgery. Your surgeon is the best person to decide which one will work best for you! It is highly recommended to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon and discuss your expectations and goals associated with breast surgery.
What are the different procedures for breast augmentation?
We understand that you might be thinking about too many questions and your brain must be racing with thoughts. When it comes to picking the best procedure for your surgery, your doctor will guide you the best depending upon your implants’ weight, health, and size.
The two most popular breast augmentation surgeries are:-
- Fat Transfer
- Breast Implants
Fat grafting, also directed to as fat transfer or fat injections, is the surgical approach through which fat is transferred from one part of the body to another part. The ultimate goal of this surgery is to improve or augment the area where the fat is insinuated. With the help of liposuction, the surgeon extracts fats from various body parts such as the thighs, abdomen, and hips. Thereafter, the extracted fats are injected into the breasts.
Who should consider fat transfer?
The fat transfer process works best for women with ample body fat. For women who are not comfortable with foreign implants, a fat transfer procedure could be an ideal solution. Thus, fat grafting is unfeasible for women who do not have enough fat in their bodies. Also, fat transfer can turn out to be a temporary solution for women who tend to reabsorb body fat.
Breast implants are more convenient, as they come in different shapes, textures, and sizes while fulfilling a patient’s desires and wants.
What are the different types of breast implants?
Typically, there are two kinds of breast implants: Saline and Silicone.
Saline-filled implants: These are generally silicone shells filled with sterile salt water (saline). In some cases, they are pre-filled, while in others they are filled during the surgery.
Silicone gel-filled implants: These are silicone shells filled with a plastic gel (silicone).
Several cosmetic surgeons consider silicone implants as a safer surgery option. Although many women agree that silicone gel implants feel more natural than saline, they pose more of a risk if they leak.
Both saline and silicone come in various sizes and either come up with smooth or textured shells. Each has its own pros and cons, it is just a matter of choice.
How does a round implant help?
- Enhances your cleavage well.
- A round implant provides fullness to breasts.
- Lesser risks of rotation of the implant.
- Greatly affordable.
How does a teardrop or shaped implant help?
- Helps to achieve an inclined contour.
- A teardrop implant results in achieving a natural-looking breast augmentation.
- Appropriate for women with larger breast sizes.
- Aids in rotating and lifting the nipple.
How do different breast implant techniques work?
- In the most common technique, the surgeon makes a cut (incision) underneath your breast, in the natural skin fold. The surgeon puts the implant through this opening. Your scar may be a little more visual if you are younger, thin, and have not yet had children.
- The other way is to place an implant through a cut under your arm. The surgeon may perform this surgery using an endoscope. An endoscope is a tool with a camera and surgical instruments at the end. This tool is inserted via the cut. There will be no scar around your breast. But, you may have a visible scar on the underside of your arm.
- The surgeon may create a cut around the edge of your areola. This is the darkened area around your nipple. The implant is placed through this opening. However, with this technique, you are likely to have more problems with breastfeeding and loss of sensation around the nipple with this method.
- A saline implant may be placed through a cut near your belly button. An endoscope is used to move the implant up to the breast area. Once in place, the implant is filled with saline.
What makes you a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery?
Now, if you’re wondering whether you’re a good candidate for this procedure, check these points. Be thankful for the cosmetic surgery technologies that enable every woman to boast their curves and fulfill every desire of making herself look more appealing. But, unfortunately, not every woman can undergo breast augmentation surgery. Hence, you need to be a good candidate. Well, you’re definitely an ideal candidate if you:
- Lately lost weight while affecting the natural shape of your breasts.
- Urge to restore breast after undergoing medical conditions.
- Your breasts add more curves when it comes to balancing your body shape.
- Have saggy or small boobs, and you wish to enhance them.
- Recently become a mother while making your breasts asymmetrical.
- If breastfeeding made your boobs droopy.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle.
- If you are above 18 years of age with strong mental health.
The type and size of the implant surgery can directly affect your appearance or pain after the surgery. To avoid any complications, make sure you consult a board-certified plastic surgeon. Do not forget to follow the instructions given pre and post-surgery.
Best breast augmentation surgery hospital in Vadodara, India
Luxor Hospital is dedicated exclusively to top Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, where all patients are operated on and taken care of exclusively by Dr. Saumya Nayak himself. Luxor Hospital is well-equipped with the latest cutting-edge technology of the highest quality. If you are looking for breast augmentation surgery that is both hassle-free and affordable, consult our board-certified surgeon and get your boob job done!